We don't offer phone support at this time. Sometimes we get asked "why not?", and this page was created to explain just that. We hope that you'll see that we care greatly about support and our customers, and why having an online only support system is providing you with a better product and a better service overall.
First, we DO offer you:
- Unlimited online support: reach us by tickets in your support center, by Facebook, Twitter or just simply email us. All these channels automatically become tickets logged in your account, but you can reach us in whatever way is convenient for you!
- Live chat: Monday through Fridays, reach us by live chat during our business hours.
- Help Center: feature rich, easy to search, and continually evolving and updating self-help center complete with how-to step by step articles, videos, tips and more.
- Forum: post enhancement ideas and requests, post help or suggestions out to other customers.
- Live Webinar Trainings: we offer many ongoing trainings on a variety of topics. All free and web-based, and after each webinar, we're happy to answer your questions.
And most importantly - all support tickets are answered timely - within 4 business hours or less!
Next, why we don't do phone support:
- Our applications all exist and live online. Each of our products have feature-rich details, and many of those details are specific to your account, your permissions and the exact task you are working on. All of these details often involve complex information and detailed instructions. This can be difficult or impossible to explain over the phone, without helpful screenshots and resource links.
- Phone conversations are "lost in translation". We tracked that support tickets started by phone took three times as long to resolve as support tickets that started online. Why? Most of the time, users weren't able to describe the "tab" or "error" correctly and time was lost looking at an entirely wrong picture. Online support shows a win-win for both you and our teams - faster resolution means we're all back to business, well, faster.
- Online support keeps everything about your issue in one place. We can escalate efficiently and effectively to our programming teams. We can track repeat issues across multiple customers and even cross-reference trends and growing needs. It helps us debug, grow, and enhance our products for you and all of our customers.
- Something of a repeat to #1 above, but is important to repeat. We can send you screenshots, screencasts, videos, help resources and more by online support (both in tickets/emails and in live chat), which help provide speedy resolution. When we're both looking at the same picture, understanding and solutions comes that much easier.
- Cost. Every phone support ticket costs us an average of three times what an online support ticket did. Having online only support helps us maintain our approach to affordable product and service fees.
- Helping one leads to helping many. When you have a support issue that we resolve online, we can connect to other open tickets and see other customers struggling or asking the same question. We can then push that out as a solution or how-to in the Help Center, and now we've created a public answer that helps dozens of users. This isn't just our costs and time efficiency - it's your time too! You'll save more time if you can find your answer quickly versus writing to ask us!
- Finally, the numbers that you, our customers, provided really spoke volumes. Over the 12 years of business, in the past year we offered phone support, surveys and use showed that you preferred online support. Customers wanted more self-help solutions, more videos, articles, and the option for private messaging us via Facebook, or live chat. Many of you didn't want to be inconvenienced with waiting on hold or worse, playing phone tag.
We believe that we offer amazing customer support and take the time to provide individual support, not just with resolution but with solutions and suggestions whenever possible.
In a perfect world, there would never be any bugs or errors and you'd never need to figure things out. However, there will always be bugs as we're continually pushing out new features or updating code to continue performance with the latest operating system, browser changes, etc. And we certainly know we cannot anticipate all the questions you may have. That's why we have all those online channels for you to reach us - convenient, private and fast.
We get that you still may want to talk to someone, or that you'd prefer to know that we're real people. We assure you we're all human beings, and we're all crazy dedicated to helping you achieve success using our products. You even can learn more about us by following our Facebook pages (Faithwebsites), as we share tidbits about our team there.
There are many great reasons for having phone support, too. For us, it's not the right offering at this time. You'll find many great companies have moved to an all online based support, and we suspect that for online apps and products - like ours - the future is all online support across the board. If things change, we may change back again. Our goal is to provide outstanding support while keeping our fees low and our process lean.
We do love to serve you, and for us, that service is real. We may live in the online world, but we are still real and here for you. We read your blogs, look at your website, follow you on social media, pray for you, and rejoice with you. We hope this has explained the why and given you some insight into how much we care.