The Secure Documents tool allows you to share documents on your website that need to be protected with a password. This tool is ideal for sharing your member's or student directory, board documents and anything else that you need an extra level of security on.
The Secure Documents tool can either secure your files using the Members Database and Faculty Database functionality or you can assign a unique username and password on a tool by tool basis..
Appearance for your Users
The Secure Documents tool requires you to enter in a File Title and a File Descriptions, both of which are displayed publicly, before your users are required to enter the username and password.
However, after clicking on the file of their choosing, they will be required to enter in a username and password.
How to Add a Secure Documents Tool to a Page
- In Site Manager, navigate to the page where you would like to add a secure documents tool.
- In the "Select a Tool to Add" drop down menu, select "Secure Documents".
- You will be taken to the Secure Documents Property page.
- Select if you would like to use existing User Groups, or if you would like to set a unique username and password for this tool.
- If you are using Existing User Groups: You can select either or both the Faculty and Member's Database, and if you would like to allow access to the entire databases or only specific groups within the databases.
- If you would like to use a single username and password instead, enter that here.
Adding Files to the Secure Documents Tool
Once you've added your tool to a page, it will not appear on the live page until you add files to that tool.
- Click on the Tool Menu to the upper right of the tool.
- Click "Add File".
- This will take you to the file properties page.
- Position After: If you have multiple files already in this tool, you can select if you want the new file first in the list, or otherwise, select which file you would like your new file to appear after in the list.
- File Title: This is a field which will be displayed publicly on your website.
- Description: This is another field which will also be displayed publicly on your website, so be cautious not to enter any secure information into this field.
- Upload File: Click Choose File to browse your computer and upload your file.