Full Width gives you the widest main body of all 4 options. This is the best option if you need a lot of space on your page. For example, this layout is a good option if the focus of your page is sharing large images. Again, this layout option does require you to turn off the left navigation. Do not choose this layout if you have pages nested underneath the page you are working on, as your users will not be able to get to the nested pages unless you build links manually.
How to set up the Full Width layout option:
- In Site Manager, navigate to the page where you would like to use the Full Width layout.
- Click on Right Side.
- Confirm that there are no tools on this page. If there are, you need to either delete them (note that they cannot be recovered after deleting), move them to another page or make them inactive.
- Once you have ensured that there are no tools on the right side bar, click on Properties.
- Click on Options.
- From the first drop down menu, select Hide Left Nav.
- Click Save.
- The full width layout should now be enabled for your page. Preview the page to confirm.
Suggestions & Ideas for Full Width Pages:
- Full width is optimal for any graphic leading type of pages, especially for events, fundraisers, and promotions.
- Full width can be used for smaller scale sites where the entire site is easily navigated by means of the top (main) navigation and drop down menus.
- Full width can be used as a lead page - provided you build hyperlinks or even graphic links in the content to the next pages.
Additional Page Layout Articles:
- Page Layouts: How to set up the 3-Column Layout
- Page Layouts: How to set up the Main-Right
- Page Layouts: How to set up the Main-Left