The Main-Right layout is a great option if you need the additional space for content on the right side bar. However, the main-right layout option does require you to turn off the left navigation.
Do not choose this layout if you have level 2 or 3 pages nested underneath the page you are working on. This will make it impossible to get to the nested pages, unless you build links manually. Instead, the 3-column layout may be a better choice for you.
How to set up the Main-Right layout option
- In Site Manager, navigate to the page where you would like to use the Main-Right layout.
- Click on Right Side.
- Add a tool to this page. Click Select a Tool to Add and select the first tool that you would like on the right side bar.
- If this is a database tool, such as the upcoming events tool or Announcements tool, move on to step 5. However, if your first tool is a page level tool that needs content added, such as the content editor, slide show or resource content list tool, add content before moving on to step 5.
- Now, click on Properties.
- Click on Options.
- From the first drop down menu, select Hide Left Nav.
- The main-right layout should now be enabled for your page. Preview the page to confirm.
Additional Page Layout Articles:
- Page Layouts: How to set up the 3-Column Layout
- Page Layouts: How to set up the Full Width Layout
- Page Layouts: How to set up the Main-Left