The Main and left combination is our most popular layout, as it is what the system defaults to. It offers the left navigation and then the main body for adding content on the individual page. This layout works best for landing pages and other level 1 pages where you have pages nested underneath them, but you do not need the additional content space offered by the right side bar.
New pages are automatically defaulted to the Main-Left layout, but if you have set up a different layout, here's how you can get it back to the main-left layout.
How to set up the Main-Left layout option:
- In Site Manager, navigate to the page where you would like to use the Main-Left layout.
- Click on Right Side.
- Confirm that there are no tools on this page. If there are, you need to either delete them (note that they cannot be recovered after deleting), move them to another page or make them inactive.
- Now, click on Properties.
- Click on Options.
- From the first drop down menu, select Display Left Nav.
- The main-left layout should now be enabled for your page. Preview the page to confirm.
Additional Page Layout Articles: