You can now import any calendar that supports the iCal format into your organization's website calendar.
Note: If you are using Google Calendar, we recommend that you use our Google Calendar integration to add a new Google Calendar, instead of the iCal feed. This integration uses Google's API. Read more about how to use it in this support article.
Here's How to Import an iCal Feed to Site Manager:
- From your Google Calendar or other online calendar, copy the URL of the iCal feed (it will end in ".ics") See below for specific directions to get the iCal link for Google Calendar
- In Site Manager, click on "calendar admin" from the tool databases tab
- From the tool menu (where it says "select options") choose "import feeds."
- Paste the url in the appropriate field and click "upload feed"
- By default, this will create a new category called "imported feeds," but you can change that to anything you like by clicking on "update categories" from the tool menu in your calendar admin.
- Site Manager will check this imported iCal feed twice per day (5AM and 1PM CST) or you can manually sync it using the provided link on the "imported feeds" screen.
To get the iCal feed URL from your Google Calendar:
- Navigate to your Google Calendar
- Under "my calendars" in the left column, click on the drop-down arrow next to the calendar you want to import
- Click "share this calendar"
- Make sure that the box is checked where it says "make this calendar public" and be sure it says "see all event details" in the drop-down menu on the right (if that selection is not available, then you will have to make a change in the calendar settings in your Google Apps control panel.)
- Click the "Calendar Details" tab in the upper left
- Scroll down and click the "iCal" link and then copy the URL that is displayed.