If you have access to your organization's Domain/DNS account and are familiar with managing DNS records, follow these steps:
- Start a support ticket or email email@example.com and let us know you want to take your website live at your domain and that you will be making the DNS changes. Please provide the primary domain that you want the website to operate on, and also list any secondary domains that you would like us to include as redirects to your primary domain. Our server will not handle the traffic correctly for your domain until we hear from you and add all of your domains into our system.
- We will initiate a Cname record for you to add to your domain's DNS records, which verifies your domain. These records time out after 72 hours, so we will wait to initiate until we know you are ready to enter it or have someone on you team enter it.
- Once the Cname record has been added by your organization, reply to your original support ticket confirming. We will confirm the record has been adding properly and initiate an SSL certificate so your domain is secure (and operates on https).
- Once we receive the reply from step 3, we will schedule a Go-Live date and time with your organization.
- At the scheduled date/time you will update the DNS records with two additional entries (provided by our team) and our team will make the necessary changes on our end. Once propagation occurs, your website will be live on SSL.
All of these steps are important, so, please follow them exactly.