Our Prayer Request tool is a pre-built interactive form and submission process designed for allowing online prayer request submissions and, if desired, public posting.
ADDING A PRAYER REQUEST TOOL TO A PAGE
- Select which page you want to add the Prayer Request to. Some churches prefer to designate an entire page to prayer requests, particularly if they are posting the prayer requests there. Some churches like to use their home page, or a contact us page, to make the prayer request tool particularly visible.
- Click the "Select a Tool to Add" menu and select "Prayer Request". The Prayer Request Properties screen will appear.
- Text to Appear Above List of Requests: This is where you will enter your introductory content for the Prayer Request section.
- Email Address(es) (optional): Submitted Prayer Requests will be sent to the email address(es) if provided. Separate multiple addresses with a comma.
- Thank You Message After Submitting Prayer Request: This editor is for the custom message that the request is taken to after submitting their request. It automatically says "Thank you for submitting a prayer request." You can change or customize this message.
- CAPTCHA Protection: Choose if you want to use CAPTCHA to force users to match text to a graphic. It is highly recommended that you keep this protection on, as this is the best way to minimize spam.
- Add: Click Add and you have your Prayer Request page setup and ready to go!
- Reset: Click Reset to clear the changes you made and start over.
- Updating Prayer Request Properties: You can always update the properties or emails by going to the Tool Menu and choosing "Edit Properties".
PRAYER REQUEST ADMINISTRATION / PROCESSING
When a prayer request is submitted, you will receive notification via email to the address you specified in the properties screen. You can also view and manage all of your requests in Site Manager. Go to the page where you placed the tool, and in the tool pane, you will see all of the submitted prayer requests listed.
- A list of all the submissions will appear, with the most recently submitted on the top.
- Name/Email: This will show the name of the person submitting the request and their email address.
- Request: This will show the title of the request and by clicking on it you can view, edit or post the request to your website.
- Date/Time: This will show the date and time the request was submitted.
- Post to Web: This indicates whether or not the requester wanted the request posted on your website.
- Active on Site: This indicates whether or not this request has been shared on your website yet. You can change whether or not it's active by clicking on the name of the request.
- Delete: Click on the trash can to delete the request. Some requests may be a time sensitive matter and can be deleted.