The Activity Log Report is a record of all changes made to your website within Site Manager. If you have multiple administrators for your website, it can help you understand exactly what was changed and when it was changed.
How to use the Activity Log Report
To access the Activity Log Report, hover over the “People” tab and click on “Activity Log Report”.
This will pull up all of the recent changes and activity. Please note that the report began collecting data on 10/9/2013, so activity for that will not be available in the report.
Understanding the Activity Log Report
The Activity Log Report has several columns of data. The report automatically shows the most recent events, but you can sort the data by activity, user or date and time by clicking on the column headings.
- Activity: The type of change. Some tools are listed as activity to show specific changes to the properties or items added within the tool, but for certain changes, they are all listed under the tool. For example, for a tool which is deleted, it will be listed as “tool deleted from page”, but in the log, it will include which kind of tool was deleted.
- Date/Time: The date and time in CST.
- User: Name of administrator or faculty member who made that change.
- Additional Info: This will list which category and page the change was made on, as well as the tool with ID, if applicable.
- Page: This is a direct link to the page and tool where the change was made. You can click on this link to view the change.
Search for a Specific Change
You can also do a search to find a specific change.
The search criteria is:
- Begin Date: MM/DD/YYYY
- End Date: MM/DD/YYYY
- User: Select any user or faculty member with a web page from the drop down menu.
- Activity: Search for type of activity or change.
After you enter your search criteria, click “search” and the log will pull up all of the changes which fit that criteria.