User defined fields are fields added to the Member's Database that are unique and specific to your organization.
- From the top menu bar click on PEOPLE and choose the Members Database link.
- The Members Database page will appear. Click on the arrow next to Select Options and choose User Defined Field.
- Click on the Add User Defined Field button.
- This is where you can add a field to the Add A Member screen. Fields marked with an asterisk(*) are required.
- Position After: This is where you can choose where on the form to place this field by using the drop down arrow for a list.
- *Field Label: This field is required. You just need to name the label.
- *Field Type: This field is required. You must pick one from the list.
- Text Box (Short Answer): This will give you a small text box for you to put in a Short Answer.
- Text Area (Long Answer): This will give you a larger text box for you to put in a longer answer.
- Radio Options (options added below): Selecting this will get you options to enter in the style of radio buttons.
- Checkboxes (options added below): Selecting this will get you options to enter in the style of checkboxes.
- Dropdown Box (options added below): Selecting this will get you options to enter in the style of a drop down list.
- Require a date (mm/dd/yyyy): This will require you to enter a date on the field that is added.
- Required?: You can make this field required to be filled out by choosing Yes or No.
- Add Field: Once you have the above entered, you can click on Add Field. This will add the field to a list of User Defined Fields. You can choose the field to edit it or you can delete it by clicking on the garbage can.
To see your newly created field, go to the Members Database page and under the Select Options, choose Add Member. Your new User Defined Field will be there.