The Copy Content function is an easy way to copy content from one page to another. This is helpful if you built a tool and would like to copy the tool properties. For example, if you build an event page for an annual event, and want to use the tools on that page as a starter for next year's event page. Or, if you have a form that has many of the fields that you would like to use on another form. You can copy the tool and then modify it as desired.
Some tools copy all content and settings. These are the tools under "Content Build", "Image Build", "Calendar", "Media", "Faculty", "Members", "Data Output", "Media Library" and "Social Media".
However, tools under "Interactive Content" copy the settings, but not all of the content. For example, it does not copy the posts or comments on a blog tool. Or, the form creator copies the properties and fields, but does not copy the submitted forms.
There are two different ways that you can copy content. You can either click on the copy content tab or click on the Tool Menu for any individual tool and choose "Copy Tool". If you choose to do it for the individual tool, it will have a check box for that individual tool only, although you can check additional tools if you'd like. If you choose the Copy Content tab, it will have none of the tools checked and you can choose which ones you want to copy.
How to Copy Content:
- Choose either the Copy Content tab or under the Tool Menu.
- This will take you to a page where you can select the category and page where you would like to copy the content.
- The next page will allow you to select which tools you would like to copy. Check the boxes of all tools that you would like to copy and click "Copy".
- You will now get a message to confirm that the tools were copied properly.
- To view these tools, go to the page where they were added. They will be automatically at the bottom of the page, but you can change their location by moving the up and down arrows on the tool position and clicking "Save".